Due to the proliferation of smartphones, the e-commerce industry is growing significantly year over year. But that doesn’t mean that your e-commerce business is growing at the speed you would want. This is because of the ever-increasing competition in the market, and the changing consumer taste and preferences. However, in this evolving landscape, you can stand out by improving your e-commerce website design. It is no secret that a well-designed website is one of the most effective growth hacks for an e-commerce business.
According to a study conducted by Adobe, 73 percent of companies are investing in design to differentiate their brands from others in the market. Besides this, Social Media Today stated that 94 percent of people identified bad design as the main reason why they don’t trust certain websites. This means that effective web design is not only crucial for creating an impact among the audience, but it facilitates in establishing brand trustworthiness too.
Not sure how to go about it? Here are the 6 simple yet amazing ways to improve your e-commerce website design for skyrocketing sales.
Tip #1 Experiment with Colors
A study, ‘The Impact of Color on Marketing’ revealed that the color perceptions of consumers drive 90 percent of instant purchase decisions. Similarly, another study conducted by the University of Loyola, Maryland stated that that color increases your brand recognition by 80 percent.
This means that the color scheme of your website plays a vital role in impacting your web design, and makes it attractive and memorable in the eyes of your target audience. Wondering how to choose the most suitable set of colors for your website design? Don’t worry, here are the top three tips to help you get started:
- The golden rule is to choose the primary color first. Typically, the dominant color in your corporate logo or company’s branding displays your primary color. For example, when we think about the brand ‘McDonald’s’, the color yellow comes to our mind.
- Next, decide on how many colors you wish to include in your website’s color palette. One of the best practices is to use two to three colors only. You can simply use the three different colors in perfect harmony based on the 60-30-10 design rule:
- The primary color should be used on 60 percent of your website space.
- The secondary color should be used on 30 percent of your website space.
- The accent color should be used on 10 percent of your website space.
- Select the colors that are relatable for your audience. This is because colors play a vital role in web design and can influence the way we interpret information.
Tip #2 Use Relevant Visuals
It is a known fact that the use of relevant visuals can help grab your audience’s attention, and convey your brand messages effectively. This is because visuals, like images, videos, and gifs enable you to tell your brand story convincingly, thus improving your overall brand image.
So if you’re looking to boost sales of your e-commerce venture, the right set of visuals should be a must element in your website design. Not sure how to go about it? Here are a handful of visual marketing tips to help you ace your web design game:
- Use pictures of people in your website’s content, and avoid using stock photos for enhancing authenticity.
- Point towards important elements, such as a CTA button with an arrow for drawing attention.
- Leverage the power of videos for engagement.
- Don’t use blur or dull images as they might turn your visitors away.
Tip #3 Invest in a Professional Logo Design
While paying attention to the visual marketing elements, it is crucial to focus on your corporate logo design. This is because your logo serves as the face of your brand, especially if you’re running an e-commerce website. Therefore, it is ideal to hire a reputable logo design company for getting a professionally designed logo.
However, before hiring a logo designer, take into account the following tips for ensuring a well-designed logo:
- Go through the designer’s portfolio.
- Communicate your requirements and design preferences effectively.
- Make the designer understand your brand persona and the characteristics of your target audience.
- Set a realistic project timeline to avoid any delays.
Tip #4 Add Social Share Buttons
Statista Research revealed that 30 percent of US internet users, aged between 18 to 34 years, reported that they had purchased something via social media. This means that social media does not just help in increasing your followers but also serves as a powerful means of boosting your company’s sales.
So if you’re looking to boost sales through your e-commerce website, you should add social share buttons on your website. This will help in amplifying reach, and encouraging positive word-of-mouth for your brand.
Wondering where to incorporate social share buttons in your web design? According to CoShedule, below are some of the most popular locations for placing social media buttons on a webpage.
Tip #5 Optimize Your Website Load Time
According to a survey conducted by Web FX, 94 percent of first impressions are related to your site’s web design. Similarly, another study by SAG IPL revealed that 62 percent of companies witnessed increased sales by designing mobile responsive websites.
By now, we know that your website plays a significant role in boosting sales of your e-commerce business. This is because an updated website ensures a smooth and streamlined customer experience.
Below are the top three tips to help optimize your website load time for boosting your sales:
- Optimize the size of your images.
- Minify CSS and HTML.
- Reduce the number of redirects on your website.
Tip #6 Leverage the Power of Landing Pages
If your e-commerce venture aims to achieve rapid business growth, then you need to add converting landing pages to your website design list. However, the key takeaway while designing landing pages is to eliminate any distractions, and provide a clear call to action. This makes it easy for the customer to complete that call to action with a purchase.
Wondering how to create an effective landing page that ensures conversions? Here is what you need to know:
- Keep the navigation of the landing page simple.
- Use color psychology wisely.
- Select typography that ensures readability.
- Convey your offer meaningfully.
- Optimize your landing page for SEO.
- Make your landing page visually appealing by adding relevant images.
All in all, it is important to note that achieving growth for an e-commerce business is not a piece of cake, especially because of the ever-growing competition in the marketplace. However, the good news is that we’ve got you covered! With the above-mentioned tips and tricks, you can achieve your sales and growth targets easily.