Not too long ago, businesses only focused on selling their products without thinking too much about the people who are buying them. But times have changed and companies now realize that customers are much more than someone they could use to make a profit. Rather, customers are the heart of every business.
If you want to run a truly successful business, you need to find ways to connect with your customers and show how much you appreciate them. Communication is much easier now than ever before, so the task of connecting with your customer isn’t too hard to achieve.
You just have to know the most effective ways to do that.
Start an email marketing campaign
Email is one of the most frequently used tools by businesses to communicate with their customers and 86% of professionals give priority to email connection.
Once you build your contact list, you can send important emails such as welcome emails, retention emails, abandoned shopping cart emails, and so on. These serve a very important role, as they can help you grow your business and increase sales.
However, businesses that want to connect with their customers on a deeper level send out newsletters. There are many different reasons why you need to include a newsletter in your email marketing campaign:
- Providing information and knowledge. Expand your customer’s knowledge about your products and company by providing them with interesting and important information and valuable insight. You can also include helpful links and powerful visuals to make your newsletters more interesting.
- Establishing yourself as an expert. There are countless companies in every field, so you need to show your customers why they should trust you over other businesses. With a good newsletter, you can show what makes you an industry leader and an expert in your field.
- Building relationships with customers. Decide whether you want to send your newsletters weekly, monthly, or quarterly, and stick to your schedule. This way, you will build relationships with clients through consistency and will always be at the top of their minds.
Of course, before you can enjoy all of these benefits, you first need to give your customers a good reason to sign up for your newsletter.
One of the best ways to do this is by placing an eye-catching sign-up form on your website. To make sure you attract as many customers as possible, apply these newsletter sign-up form tips.
Create your own Q&A platform
Most websites have their own Q&A pages where they answer some of the questions they hear most often from their customers. While it is essential to answer these questions, you can go one step further, and instead of dedicating just one page, you can create your own question and answer platform.
This is a much better option than a simple Q&A page because you will be able to keep all members on this platform engaged and build a community with your customers.
Some important features you need to build into your platform include:
- Activity feed. Showcase relevant and interesting content to your customers right on the front page to give them the opportunity to follow topics they’re interested in. Once a member follows a certain topic, other similar topics will be recommended to them and their feed will become more personalized.
- Reacting to posts. When one of your customers sees a post they want to interact with and know more about it, they will be able to post their own comments. Additionally, they will be able to upvote questions and answers they find useful or interesting.
- Social media sharing. You can include social media buttons on all posts so members can share them on their social media platforms. This will improve visibility and attract more people to your platform and generate more interest in your business and products.
- Internal messaging. All members on your platform will be able to message each other, and if someone has a question they would like to ask you personally, they can contact you directly.
One of the best things about this platform is that it’s incredibly easy to use and doesn’t require any technical knowledge. It’s a completely cloud-based solution that’s also fully customized, which means you can create the platform to be exactly how you envisioned it.
Have a strong social media presence
Social media is a great way for people to connect with each other, but also for businesses to connect with their customers. There are currently 3.5 billion social media users worldwide and that includes people of all generations, not just young people.
This means that no matter who your customers are, they’re probably active on at least one social media platform, so you can use that to connect with them. Of course, it’s not enough just to be present on these platforms, you also need to know how to use them correctly.
First, you need to create profiles on the best social media platforms for business and cultivate a following on them. Then, you can start engaging your followers and constantly have conversations with them, not just when they contact you.
These are some of the best ways to use social media:
- Ask for feedback. Show your customers you’re interested in what they have to say about your business by asking for feedback via polls and other types of interactive contact. Once you get enough feedback, implement all of their useful advice to show you’re actually listening to them.
- Promptly solve all issues. Whenever a customer expresses dissatisfaction either by making a comment on a post or contacting you directly, reply as soon as possible. Address the issue they have and offer a solution that will make them happy instead of just ignoring the problem.
- Don’t post only about your business. Remember that even though your customers follow you because they are interested in your business, that doesn’t mean they want to constantly see advertisements and promotions. You should also share informative, interesting, and inspirational content your audiences will enjoy.
Just don’t forget to follow tips for growing an engaged audience through social media and you will be able to find a lot of success on your social media pages.
Start a blog
You’ve probably noticed that every successful website has a blog, and this definitely isn’t a coincidence. Running your own blog is a great way to improve your website’s SEO and also connect with your customers.
Blogging gives you the opportunity to create content your customers are interested in and information they probably couldn’t find anywhere else. It’s also a great way to show your audience that you’re open to all kinds of comments and feedback.
While you’re writing your blog posts, keep the following things in mind:
- Show your passion. Your blog is a great place to show what inspired you to start your business and what drives you to keep going. Write about what you’re passionate about and show the human side of your business.
- Have a conversational tone. You won’t be able to connect with your customers if you sound too corporate or robotic. Use everyday words, address the reader directly, and ask questions in the text that will cause the reader to post a comment and interact with you.
- Mind your grammar. Writing in a conversational tone doesn’t mean you shouldn’t be careful about grammar. If you have any mistakes in your grammar, spelling, and punctuation, it will seem unprofessional.
- Show interest in the reader. Even though it’s very important to write interesting blog posts, it’s just as important to show you’re interested in the person who is reading your article. Express genuine care and respect by asking your readers questions, offering help, and showing your appreciation.
A good connection between you and your customers shows that they are right to put their trust in your company. Never forget that without your customers, your business would never exist. They are the reason for your success and profit, so you need to show how much you appreciate them.