Website design can make or break your business’s online presence. While a fantastic website can make your company look as impressive and helpful as it actually is, a subpar website can make it look dull or uninteresting. So, if you want to attract more paying customers, great web design is an absolute must.
According to Website Design Auckland, achieving good design can be challenging, especially if you do not have the right training or experience. What should you pay attention to as you build your site?
Keep reading to learn why your website’s look and content are so crucial to your online success and how you can get a phenomenal site for your company.
Why Web Design is So Important for Improving Your Business’s Success
Customers who have no interest in creating their own site or company probably don’t realise just how vital good website design is. Some may think, ‘as long as the business does good work, the site design doesn’t matter much, right?’
In reality, site design is incredibly important. Many potential customers will first learn about your goods and services through the internet, whether through social media or your website itself, so you need to have a website that accurately and thoroughly conveys why everyone should consider your business.
Fantastic web design can:
- Convince potential customers to work with you.
- Show your clients that you care about your company.
- Help people learn more about what you can do for them.
- Give your customers a convenient way to communicate with you.
6 Things You Should Know About Web Design
So, you know that website design is important – but what does your site actually need?
Six things that every business owner should keep in mind regarding good site design are:
1. Simple and Effective Navigation is Key. Easy navigation for any website is vital 10 points to keep in mind when designing a website. Customers will appreciate an easy-to-understand, simple navigation system that allows them to explore your website easily.
If your site’s navigation is awkward, hard to understand or difficult to use, your customers may become confused and irritated and abandon your site. However, if they can explore with a few easy clicks, they’ll be more likely to give you a chance.
2. Use Interesting Photos. Website design is all about visually-appealing colors, informative text and cleverly-used tools. So, it’s no secret that images can go a long way. Choose well-shot photos or lovely images that fit your site’s atmosphere and complement the rest of the content on the page.
However, please remember that more is not always better. Cluttering your site with too many photos can make it look confusing and unprofessional.
3. Chatbots Can Be a Convenient Help. AI-controlled chatbots are a common sight nowadays. These well-designed bots can help visitors find what they are looking for and answer their questions. They are an easy way to help your visitors without speaking to them directly.
4. Remember That Loading Time is Crucial. ‘Loading time’ refers to how quickly your website’s individual pages’ load. Ideally, you will want to have quick loading times to ensure the satisfaction of your customers. Many people nowadays are constantly on the go, so if your site is taking too long, they could move on to someone else.
5. White Space Can Be Good. When thinking about website design, some people may think that white space, or empty space, is a bad thing. Some seek to fill every possible spot up with designs, text or images to avoid making the website look empty or unfinished.
But you should know that white space can be useful and can make a site look more professional. Minimalism is all the rage in current times, and smartly-placed white space can make a site look trendy and sophisticated. Remember to try and find the balance between overly busy and empty.
6. Don’t Forget About Mobile Users. Many of your website’s visitors may be accessing your site from their phones. So, it would help if you strived to give them a good experience. Intelligent designers will do their best to create a website design that looks good on big and small screens.
If you neglect to think about mobile users, your website might be difficult to use on smartphones, and you could alienate a large section of your potential client base.
Looking to Create an Excellent Website for Your Company? Speak with Us Today
You may wonder, ‘how can I possibly create a website that incorporates all these wonderful factors and more?’ You’ll be thrilled to know that the answer is easy – simply contact us at Kiwi Website Design. We have plenty of experience with custom web and app design.
No matter what kind of company you run, we are sure that we can create a site that’s perfect for you and your business. Please visit our contact page if you are interested in our services.
Work with Kiwi Website Design to create a website that is absolutely perfect for your company.