Earlier, the graphic design used to be possible with limited software and tools. However, today the list of graphic design software and tools is endless. Most graphic design software today comes with multi-purpose packages for both digital and print design. Since several software programs are available today, choosing one is tricky.
Thus, in this article, we will talk about some of the best graphic design software you can use in 2023.
- Adobe Photoshop
Adobe Photoshop is one of the prevalent graphic design software. It was initially released in the year 1988 and is a commonly used design and edit tool by professionals. It has a user-friendly interface, including various tools and tutorials. Adobe Photoshop is suitable for both beginners as well as professionals. With Adobe Photoshop, you have complete control over different creative possibilities.
The benefits of Photoshop are as follows.
● Photoshop has a wide range of design tools, including masking, image wrapping, and fluid camera rotation.
● It also possesses a user-friendly interface and excellent compatibility.
● It supports various multiple file formats.
- Adobe Illustrator
Adobe Illustrator is one of the most preferred graphic illustration software, especially for vector drawing, editing, and design. Through Adobe Illustrator, you can create digital art like fonts, work to design logo makers, and also possess the creative freedom to work on unique elements.
Adobe Illustrator is priced around $20.99 per month and also offers a trial day program of 7 days so that people can actually understand its functions.
The benefits of Adobe Illustrator are as follows.
● With the help of Adobe Illustrator, you can get a user-friendly interface that is compatible with various programs.
● It also offers the Illustrator the necessary creative freedom to work on different types of projects.
● It supports several file formats.
Sketch is a relatively easy-to-use graphic designing software used for creating icon designs, UI, and a mobile app. It is primarily a vector-based application. It means that you can resize its image without losing any sharpness. By creating designs on Sketch, your designs will appear of higher quality, even on the DPI screen. Many graphic designers also prefer Sketch for prototyping and wireframing due to a wide variety of plugins. However, it is essential to note that Sketch is only available on Mac devices.
The benefits of Sketch are as follows.
● Sketch is relatively easy to use.
● Through Sketch, you can possess the ability to collaborate as well as design in a single workspace.
● It also consists of a massive library of components as well as plugins.
- Adobe InDesign
Adobe InDesign is one of the preferred tools that most graphic designers use for creating and publishing layout designs. Graphic designers generally use it. Artists and publishers also design digital and print projects on it. It is one of the preferred tools for creating flyers, brochures, presentations, ebooks, and other marketing materials. You can also combine InDesign with Adobe Creative Cloud, like Photoshop as well as Illustrator. Adobe InDesign is mainly used for assembling layouts like images, drawings, and text.
The benefits of Adobe InDesign are as follows.
● It is quite streamlined and relatively easy to use.
● With Adobe InDesign, you can get access to a creative cloud library
● Adobe InDesign possesses features like paragraph borders and text management, which help you to work on varied projects.
Most of you might have heard about Figma, which is one of the preferred graphic design tools for beginners and professionals. It is a free design interface that is dynamic and versatile, thereby suitable for all kinds of work. Starting from wireframing websites to prototyping designs, Figma has it all. With the help of Figma, designers can efficiently work on complicated projects. It also includes various vector tools like code generation and illustration, which helps if you are looking for a good design logo maker. Additionally, it also contains live collaboration. It means that all the designs you work on will be saved online, providing you with accessibility.
The benefits of Figma are as follows.
● It possesses professional features, and that, too, is free.
● Streamlined live collaboration is available.
● It possesses the necessary flexibility with enhanced accessibility
- Blender 3D
It is an open-source and free 3D creation software ideal for any design that is 3D. Most graphic design professionals use it for creating 3D animations. You can use it for multiple purposes like 3D modeling, animation, simulation, composting, and game creation. It may be that you are not working on any particular 3D projects. However, you can use it to create specific basic shapes and add overlaying images to them with the help of Photoshop.
The benefits of Blender 3D are given below.
● It is an open-source and free platform.
● It possesses a wide variety of tools along with learning resources.
● It comprises a full modeling toolkit.
Procreate is another crucial digital and powerful application used by various digital artists, illustrators, and designers. It also combines the traditional art of recreating tools like paint and pen. Procreate offers illustrators as well as designers for flexible drawing and graphic designing. Possessing a smooth interface helps designers to work accordingly with tweaking as well as artwork editing.
The benefits of using Procreate are given below.
● It has an affordable price rate.
● It possesses an easy-to-use interface with a wide range of creative freedom.
● By using procreate, it is ensured that you have a smooth workflow
- Gravit Designer
It is a free vector design application and can be used for making logos, photo editing, and animations. It is a cloud-based software and is free for the basic version. They are one of the best platforms to be used by beginners and also used by professionals.
The advantages of using Gravit Designer are as follows.
● The basic version is free and equipped with various features and capabilities.
● The cloud software program is a gem as it helps with easy accessibility.
Canva is another prevalent graphic design platform that is used by a lot of designers. It is an easy-to-use design tool with many templates, fonts, and images, some of which are free to use. You can either choose to create a project right from scratch or use any of the ready-made templates as graphic design inspiration. It is a beautiful tool for beginners who are learning graphic design.
The pros of Canva are given below.
● The basic version is free, with a variety of templates and fonts.
● It provides the necessary accessibility as it provides an online dashboard for storage.
- Affinity Designer
If you feel that Adobe Illustrator is a little expensive for you, then you can go for Affinity designer. Possessing similar capabilities to Illustrator, it is an affordable software. It is beneficial for beginners and freelance graphic artists who work on a tight budget.
The benefits of Affinity Designer are as follows.
● It is pretty easy to use.
● It is an affordable alternative to the Adobe Illustrator
● It has a proper user interface and is quite fast
We hope that with this article, you have received in-depth insights about the trending and popular graphic design software available in the market. Every designer has their working methods and graphic design styles and hence will choose software per their requirements. Explore the different software applications and see which one goes with your style. After all, graphic art needs the best digital software application to achieve the desired perfection.