According to a recent study by GoodFirms, it shows us that the average price of a simple application is between $40,000 and $60,000. The cost of a medium-complexity application is between $61,000 and $69,000 and lastly, a complex application can cost between $70,000 and $100,000.
So, giving an approximate answer of how much it costs to create an application, we could say to choose a fixed rate of $50 per hour on average. So a basic app will cost around $25,000, medium complexity apps will cost $40,000-$70,000, and complex apps will cost a minimum of $70,000.
First, let’s look at the cost of custom app development from an hourly rate standpoint. It’s no secret that the average cost of app development varies by geographic location.
– North America (USA and Canada). This region is considered the most expensive. An Android / iOS development costs $20 to $250 per hour.
– In Australia, they develop mobile apps at a rate of $35-150 per hour.
– South American regional app development service fees are from $25 to $120.
– UK developers tend to charge between $35 and $175 an hour.
– Eastern European developer rates range from $20 to $110 per hour.
– Developers in India are quite satisfied with getting $10-75, while in Indonesia the highest cost of app development is $20 an hour.
How much it costs to create an app based on the type of app
Depending on the type of application you want to create for your business, it will have a price.
– Marketplace app: between $12,000 and $20,000. The price of this mobile application will depend on factors such as the number of users and roles, functionalities (chat, payments, etc.), and buyer interactions during the sales process.
– E-commerce application: between $15,000 and $25,000. The price depends on the number of products to be sold through the application and the required management software, as well as discount systems, affiliate programs, and payment options.
– App of a game: it is between $30,000 and $50,000. The price usually rises in this type of app because of the design. Elements related to the dynamics of the game also influence, such as if it is for a single-player or if it supports a multiplayer option.
– Application of a social network: between $15,000 and $25,000. Pricing depends on design, features, privacy, and security software.
– Internal management applications: between $12,000 and $20,000. In the latter case, how much it costs to make the app depends on the number of interaction possibilities between the employees and the administrator. Such as, for example, signing contracts through the app, assigning tasks to an employee, chat function, etc.
What affects mobile app costs?
When you set out to develop an application, you can’t expect the software development agency to tell you immediately what the final cost is. There is no fee schedule for application development and it all depends on various factors.
Surely before they send you the budget, the development team will estimate how many will be necessary to develop your app. Still, the most important factors influencing development costs are:
Functions and functionalities.
Visual design customization.
Backend infrastructure and application management.
Location and structure of a development team.
Application maintenance costs.
Depending on the requirements of any specific project, the development stage may include deployment features, custom application infrastructure, and application management mechanisms. In addition, post-launch services such as application promotion and maintenance can also be provided.