IAS Full Form – Indian Administrative Service
The IAS full form “Indian Administrative Service” (IAS), is India’s most prestigious civil service. It is open to all qualified candidates, irrespective of their political affiliation. The IAS is responsible for carrying out the administrative functions of India’s central and state governments. The IAS ranks above all other state services in terms of pay, facilities, and promotion prospects.
History of IAS
The history of the Imperial Civil Service (the IAS) is very old, and it was started by the British in 1858. After India achieved independence in 1947, the organization began to be known as Indian Administrative Services in 1950.
What is the full form of IAS?
The IAS full form is “Indian Administrative Service”. (IAS) is the highest civil service rank in India. The IAS is a permanent establishment of the Government of India and recruits officers from the Indian Administrative Service Examination, which is held annually.
The eligibility criteria for appointment in the Indian Administrative Service (IAS) are as follows:
- Any Indian student who has graduated college with any course can take the IAS and other 24 posts in the UPSC service exam.
- The student’s age should be at least 21 or 32 years, whichever comes first. Regarding age relaxation, the child and academic law exempts children under the age of three from this rule and allows children between 3-5 to be eligible for a slightly longer age range.
- A student who comes into the general category can apply six times.
- The same OBC students were selected nine times, while there was no limit set for SC-ST students.
The UPSC exam conducted for the IAS post has three following steps-
- Mains exam
IAS Post and Promotion schedule
Service in Years Posts
|No. of service year||District Administration||State Secretariat||Central Secretariat|
|1-4||Sub-divisional magistrate||Undersecretary||Assistant Secretary|
|5-8||Additional district magistrate||Deputy Secretary||Undersecretary|
|8-12||District magistrate||Joint Secretary||Deputy Secretary|
|13-16||District magistrate||Special secretary-cum-director||Director|
|16-24||Divisional commissioner||Secretary-cum-commissioner||Joint Secretary|
|25-30||Divisional commissioner||Principal Secretary||Additional secretary|
|30-33||No Equivalent Rank||Additional Chief Secretary||No Equivalent Rank|
|34-36||No Equivalent Rank||Chief Secretary||Secretary|
|37+||No Equivalent Rank||No Equivalent Rank||Cabinet Secretary of India|
Working in the Indian Administrative Service, which is referred to as the Indian Administrative Service, is the IAS full form in English, that provides you with many good benefits and a high salary from the government.
Some of the major facilities available to an Indian Administrative Services officer are:-
- Residence: a bungalow complete with a housekeeper, a gardener, and a security guard
- Car with a driver serving as a transport
- bills – including all bills, such as those for water, electricity, and mobile phone service
- Pension- lifetime pension after retirement
- Free vacations for the whole family, both in India and other countries
Role and Responsibility of IAS Officer
IAS, or Inspector of Accounts, is the most difficult job to do correctly. They are responsible for ensuring that all cash flow and profits are recorded in audited reports by a professional accountant.
Some key responsibilities are-
- Take care of the administration of the district.
- Take care of the day-to-day operations of the government.
- Uphold justice and order in the working area assigned to him.
- to act as a collector to collect government revenue
- allocation of financial and other resources for policy implementation
- Providing the government with advice while simultaneously formulating public policy
What is the salary of an IAS officer?
Starting at ₹ 56100 and increasing as the IAS officer achieves promotion, this job has a comprehensive range of jobs.
Above this basic salary, DA, TA, and HRA are also given.
So, if someone becomes an IAS officer, they will start at above $100,000.
Officers in the Indian Administrative Services receive very good salary increments and special bonuses if they have more than 30 years of experience.
What is the IAS full form in Hindi?
IAS ka full form in hindi is भारतीय प्रशासनिक सेवा. If you want to join India’s civil service, the IAS is your route. The IAS is a prestigious and competitive service that offers a variety of opportunities for career growth.
What is the application process for the IAS?
The application process for the IAS may vary depending on your eligibility and qualifications. However, generally speaking, you will need to submit an online application form and other required documents. If you are interested in applying for the IAS, carefully review the requirements before submitting your application.
What are the essential qualifications for applicants?
The essential qualifications for applicants for the IAS include a university degree in any discipline and good writing and organizational skills. In addition, you should demonstrate a strong interest in public service and have proven leadership experience.
Other famous full forms of IAS
|IAS- International Accounting Standards– in terms of accounting and business|
|IAS- International Approval Services- in terms of International business|
|IAS- Institute of advanced studies– in terms of University|
|IAS- Internet authentication service- in terms of Internet|