One needs to consider the fact that laying down on the budget may also result in leveraging the quality of the outcome. Software development is a lofty venture and developing software from scratch not only requires resources in full measure but also strong conceptualization and an inquisitive approach for the problem statement the software is going to solve. Hence the importance of hiring a reputable software development firm.
Advantages of Outsourcing Software Development!
Outsourcing software development is a well-sought practice for organizations and rightly so, it is a rewarding exercise. Here are some of the benefits of outsourcing software development for your organization:
1. Cost-effective: More enterprises than ever need to do a lot more with small or fixated finances. Outsourcing software development not only allows companies to save big on deploying experienced resources but also on the entire recruitment process which can be just as hefty.
2. Time-saving: It is a competitive world out there and while you may be planning your project you can’t risk your competitor to take a lead. Outsourcing a project saves you time which itself is a big perk.
3. Acquiring resources: Finding talented developers to take on a project is easier said than done. While it may take a considerable amount of time just to get the right people on board for your project, outsourcing it can lead you directly to the right developers. Some software companies in San Diego like Nisman Solutions have developers that are skilled in many programming languages so they can take on any software development projects. It’s all about finding the right developers.
Facts and Stats
Here are some of the stats that downright support the aforementioned facts:
- The net value of the IT outsourcing industry as of 2019 stands at $375 billion globally.
- 60 to 70 billion dollars is the estimated amount of global annual revenue from IT outsourcing.
- $3.79 trillion is the global IT expenditure in 2019.
- In 2019, the enterprise software market saw a rise of 7.1% in just one year from $399 billion in 2018 to $427 billion in 2019.
- $409 billion is the estimated total contract value of the IT outsourcing market by 2022.
There are several factors one must pay attention to for the successful outsourcing of software development projects. Here is a step by step guide that will help you land your project in the right hands and will lead to successful development and deployment of the project.
Before we go about with the step by step narrative on successfully outsourcing a project, here are some of the factors that you need to consider:
1. Do You Have a Flexible Budget?
While outsourcing saves you big time, it is not the only reason to embark on the endeavor. One needs to consider the fact that laying down on the budget may also result in leveraging the quality of the outcome.
2. Project Management Is Nothing Short of Real-Time Development
While the project will be developed and delivered by the company that you plan to outsource your project to, one crucial piece of detail that you cannot overlook and few outsourcing companies share with their clients is the fact that the project management is still something that you need to take the lead on.
Once you have given these notions a thought and you find your organization in the position to hand out the task here’s what you need to do next.
3. Define Your Goals
The first and foremost priority while partaking in a project is defining your goals. Here can be some of the pointers to start with:
- The purpose of the project
- Who is going to benefit from the project
- The duration of the project
- The future market for the software being developed
- Future integrations
Once you have successfully defined these parameters, the next step is to communicate this to your team internally. Each team member must have a concise and clear conviction towards the project.
Once the team is on the same page, next comes the company that you’ve chosen to outsource the task to. The goals must be communicated to both the teams thoroughly and timely. It is also important to share and re-share these goals from time to time to keep everyone in sync and perform as a unit.
4. Lookout the Region to Outsource Your Project
Believe it or not but you can get the most benefits of outsourcing a project just by opting for the right region. While one country may be experiencing growth in the number of developers adept in a certain technology some other country might have entirely different scenarios for the same technology.
One also needs to research the economic inequality among the countries being considered to outsource the project.
Once you have narrowed down your choice of the country, you need to look out for custom software development companies to hand out the project to.
5. Enquire As Much As Possible
While it may be easy to research software development companies, the task at hand is to understand the company and the people who would work on your project. It is important to keep seamless communication even before you hand over the project since this will not only give you an outlook on the nature of communications the company is willing to provide but will also allow accessing your shortcomings.
Here are some questions you need to ask them:
- What technologies is your team specialized in?
- Have you worked on a project that is similar to ours?
- How many developers do you have in your team and what is their level of expertise?
- What files will I have access to during the project and what tools will we use for communication?
- What is the exact timeline of the project and should any problem arise during the development how would it affect the deadline?
Once you have received the answers to these and more similar questions you can choose the best of the lost and start working on sharing goals and utility of the software.
6. Equip Yourself with the Right Tools
You need to keep yourself updated with the progress that the software development company is making each day. You also need to define short term goals for them along with introducing amendments and sharing valuable feedback. All of these tasks require adequate tools and one needs to keep an inventory of such tools to avoid any shortcomings in communications.
With the right guidelines its easy to leverage the benefits of offshore development or software development outsourcing. All you need to do is carefully scrutinize your needs and go for the best!